Meet Wayne Richter – Top-Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in West Palm Beach & Palm City
Wayne is the founding partner of the Law Offices of R. Wayne Richter, P.A., a firm exclusively dedicated to criminal defense in Palm Beach County and the Treasure Coast. As a trial attorney with more than 15 years of experience in criminal defense litigation, Wayne is certified to practice law in all state courts of Florida as well as the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
Wayne was born in the “Horse Capital of the World”, Lexington, Kentucky. Shortly thereafter, Wayne moved to South Florida where, with the exception of time spent in Houston, Texas for law school, he has lived ever since. Wayne graduated from Wellington High School and then attended Florida Southern College in Lakeland, Florida, graduating with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science in 1999.
After graduating from college, Wayne attended law school at South Texas College of Law – Houston. South Texas College of Law is consistently rated as one of the top trial advocacy schools in the nation. Wayne graduated from South Texas in 2002 with a J.D. and returned to West Palm Beach to begin practicing law.
Before starting his own firm in 2013, Wayne established a winning reputation with his clients and the legal community through a successful 10-year career with a well-respected West Palm Beach criminal defense firm.
Wayne lives with his wife and three children on the Treasure Coast where they are active in the community and with their church. Wayne is an avid Miami Dolphins fan and enjoys traveling, golf and being on the water.
In addition to his practice, Wayne is active in the legal community. Below are some of Wayne’s honors and professional memberships:
- Rated AV Preeminent, the highest peer ranking for Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ which recognize lawyers for their strong legal ability and high ethical standards. An elite group of approximately 10 percent of all attorneys holds an AV Preeminent Rating.
- The National Trial Lawyers – Top 100 – Criminal Defense.
- Rated “Superb” 10.0 by the legal directory Avvo.
- Rated Top Ten - Criminal Law - Client Satisfaction by the American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys.
- Member of the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (FACDL). Currently serves on the Board of Directors as a Palm Beach County Chapter Representative.
- Member of the Palm Beach Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
- Member of the Florida Bar. Member of the Criminal Law Section.
- Member of the Palm Beach County Bar Association, President of the North County Section, 2019-2020
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, Member of the Board of Directors, 2019-2020
- Member of the Martin County Bar Association. Past Chair of the Criminal Law Committee. Co-Chair of the Social Committee (2018-2020).
- Member of the Justice Major B. Harding American Inns of Court.